Gavins Birthday

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Gavin is born

Well as some of you have heard our son was born!!!!

On Mon. night my water broke. Not exactly a good thing when i was only 33 weeks. The hospital that we were supposed to deliver at only takes babies at 35 weeks so we got transfered to Ball Memorial Hospital. I was then put on magnesium to slow contractions down, so i could also get 2 shots of steroids to help his lungs develop. Well the level of Magnesium that they gave me ended up being to much and at one point was considered toxic to me. I was pretty much a veggi. After 2 days of that they took me off of the magnesium on wed night and if i went into labor they were going to let me. Well by thurs afternoon i was 3 cm. Got an epidural and then another drug for nausea and that knocked me out. So when i finally kinda woke up i was good to go. Gavin was born at 9:35 he was 5lbs 3 oz and 19 1/4 in. He is in the NICU He is doing well and breathing on his own. Just a waiting game on when he can come home.

Right after he was born i was having problems breathing and it turns out that the magnesium caused me to get some fluid on my lungs and have to have ct scans and x rays and feel like crap for 2 days. I have to do respiratory therapy for awhile and i am on meds to clear it up. I am getting back to normal and finally got to come home. Thanks you for all the calls and congrats!! We really appreciate it

4 comments:

Lindsey @ Enjoying Healthy Foods said...

I am so glad that you and Gavin are doing well... Call me whenever. Get sleep!!! Congratulations and I am glad the both of you are doing better! Love you!

the woolseys said...

congratulations! so happy for you! you are both in our thoughts and prayers! :)

Unknown said...

Mom and Dad's prayers were answered.

glen&livet said...

We are happy and relieved to know everyone is doing better. Congratulations to you all!